COMMUNITY OUTREACH BOARD
WE INVITE YOU TO HELP US ELIMINATE PAPER WASTE!
As a business, we strive to narrow our footprint on the local community and the world every day. By moving our Community Board online, we are actively reducing paper waste and encouraging others to find sustainable alternatives to paper usage. Check out these some fun (and not-so-fun) facts that shed light on the impact of paper:
• The average American uses more than 748 pounds of paper per year.
• Paper products are the largest component of municipal solid waste, making up more than 40% of the composition of landfill.
• The United States produced about 20,700,000 tons of this paper last year, which requires about 55 to 110 million trees.
• The U.S. pulp and paper industry is the second largest consumer of energy and uses more water to produce a ton of product than any other industry.
• Production of 1 ton of copy paper produces 19,075 gallons of waste water.
It is our goal to make this format equally, if not more, effective as the traditional method of advertising. Additionally we hope this serves as a model to other businesses working toward a zero waste policy. We will work hard to draw public attention to this page and your event.
Thank you for helping make the world a better place!
To add your event poster email email@example.com
Only JPEG files will be accepted.